Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let Go and Live

Why can't we want what we should want?
Why can't we feel what we should feel?
Why can't we do what we should do?

These are all questions I ask myself. We never seem to do things the way we should or manage to time anything correctly. The way we see our lives turning out is never the exact image of the way our lives unfold. It's like those scenes in movies where the screen is split between reality and expectations. It stresses us out nowadays when we feel like we are not in control because something does not go as planned. One of my best friends, Brittany, and I were talking about how we don't like when we don't feel in control because it ties in with our insecurity of feeling vulnerable. I am all for being ambitious and having goals and dreams for myself to achieve and having it be in my control to do my best to reach those goals and dreams. This said, my point is we need to realize that we cannot be in control of everything and need to take baby steps to be okay with that. Great things happen unexpectedly therefore shouldn't we welcome the unexpected?

We can create our chapters but we shouldn't try to fill in all the writing. Let our lives write themselves. Let's not care how our timelines compare with that of a conventional or practical lifestyle; our differences and unique experiences make our lives our own and no one elses.

As a friend of mine once said, "Carpe diem that shit".

No comments:

Post a Comment