Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Welcome to LA. Welcome to the Party"


Yesterday my two friends and I did the Hollywood sign hike! For such a long time I had always talked about the certain hikes I wanted to do in L.A. (Hollywood sign hike being one of them) and it felt amazing to spontaneously decide to go for it! The hike was quite easy, with spacious dirt paths and breathtaking views of the city. I have this incredible city at my fingertips and I need to experience all it has to offer. Ever since I moved back to California, (I grew up in Redondo Beach, until we moved to Washington state when I was 12), to go to college I started slowly creating a list of things I wanted to do, places I wanted to see, or random adventures I had to experience in L.A. I have only done a couple of the things on my list, but plan to do many more while I can. My love for the city of L.A. and Southern California in general has grown greatly since moving back here, which gives me mixed emotions about the possibility of moving away after graduating, but I have a feeling I will make my way back to the sunshine state someday. If I do end up staying in L.A. after graduating then I will know all the must haves in the city for a great time.

My list so far:

1. Standard hotel rooftop bar
2. Santa Monica Pier
3. Fly kites at Venice Beach
4. Other hikes in L.A. such as Runyon canyon
5. Wine tasting at San Antonio Winery
6. Museums: J Paul Getty Museum & Natural History Museum
7. Griffith Park
8. Bradbury Building
9. Monastery of Angels
10. Venice Canal walkways
11. Paramount Studios
12. Randys Donuts
13. Urban Light (landmark)
14. Toast Bakery
15. Beverly Hot Springs Spa
16. Catalina Island



No comments:

Post a Comment